The COVID-19 Coronavirus is the new reality we are facing here in Maine. At Maine Accessibility
Corporation, we take the health and safety of our employees and our customers very seriously. We
understand that some of our services and products (like stairlifts and ramps) are need-based and
putting off a purchase or installation may increase the likelihood of a fall or worse in the home.
With that in mind, we wanted to reassure our customers of our commitment to the people of Maine.
Following are some guidelines that we have set for any of our home visiting technicians:
- We will notify our customers in advance that we will be keeping an appropriate distance from any individuals in the home. The CDC recommends 6 feet.
- No visits will be scheduled if any of our staff is feeling sick, has a fever or is showing any signs of a respiratory illness.
- We will ask our customers if they, or anyone else in the household has a fever or has traveled outside the country recently.
- We will not shake hands on arrival.
- We will wear a safety mask during the visit.
- We will wash our hands as we exit our vehicle, so we arrive to the door with hands as clean as possible.
- We will have fresh boot covers on for each visit.
- After installation of any equipment, we will wipe down all areas that were touched with disinfectant solution or cleaning wipes.
We hope that by following these guidelines, we will greatly reduce the chances of spreading the
virus while we continue to provide these much needed services.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at 207-848-3484.